You can make a difference!
Work side by side with our clients and staff in the classroom, out in the community, or at special events. Your support helps people with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities live, learn and enjoy our community. Volunteers can help out individually or as a group.Individual or Group Volunteers Must Do the Following:
- Be at least 16 years old to volunteer with our adults, 18 years old to volunteer with our child care program
- Complete the Volunteer Application. Turn in the completed application with your photo I.D. and Social Security Card at either of our two locations. (13430 West Ave, SATX 78216 or Pam Stephen’s Center 6530 Wurzbach Rd, SATX 78240
- Pass our criminal background check which includes a Criminal History, Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse’s Aid Registry*
- Volunteers wishing to work within our child care program must pass a drug test with results returned to The Arc of San Antonio.
- Tour the facility and a receive short review about what The Arc of San Antonio does
Getting to know our participants will enrich your life in a fun, interesting and very unique way. We look forward to meeting you! For more information on volunteering, contact Joanna Peters at email@example.com
or call (210) 490-4300, ext 104.
*The Arc does not offer court-ordered community service hours. We do not accept individuals who have been convicted of a sexual assault or misconduct.