This is San Antonio’s first fully-accessible swimming pool. It features 4′ maximum depth, sloped entry, hand rails and solar heating. The aquatic center has a separate pool specifically designed to accommodate the needs of children and adults who wear diapers. The smaller pool has its own drains and ultraviolet sanitation equipment for easy recovery should an accident occur. The two pools created by dividing the large existing pool allows children and adults who are uniformly excluded from pools in San Antonio to have a place to swim and receive aquatic therapy.
The pool is open for The Arc Participants and our partner agencies for weekly, day-time use. All Arc of San Antonio participants must have a Pool Consent Form on file to swim during the day. Click to Download Form
Non-profit partner agencies and group home rentals
$50 per use, plus $12/hr. for lifeguards
By reservation only
$150 for 3 hours, plus $12/hr. for lifeguards
By reservation only
Contact Anna Garcia, 210-682-4200, to make your reservation or for more information or email email@example.com.
General Facility Rules
- No food or drink is allowed in the pool. Food and drink may be consumed at designated areas around the pool.
- No alcohol or firearms are allowed on The Arc’s property or in the pool area. Violators will be asked to leave immediately.
- All refuse and waste paper must be deposited in the designated receptacles.
- No glass containers allowed in the aquatic center area.
- No smoking is allowed on The Arc’s property.
- Do not leave valuables unattended around the pool area.
- All those entering the pool must be wearing appropriate swimming attire or bathing suits. Tee shirts may be worn over swimsuits in the water for modesty or medical reasons. No cut off shorts or gym shorts allowed.
- Lifeguards have the authority to order all swimmers out of the pool at any time. This may happen during any emergency or as weather conditions dictate. The pool will be cleared if the lifeguard can hear thunder or see lightning.
- After appropriate warning, Lifeguards have the authority to eject anyone from the pool if pool rules are not being followed.
10. Absolutely no diving allowed in this pool due to maximum 4 foot depth!
11. Only pool toys, floats, rafts, inflated items, kickboards, etc. that are approved by The Arc will be allowed in the pool.